Learning Support Assistant
32 Hours per week, fixed term appointment until July 2020 (with the possibility of extension), term time only.
LSA Level 2 (Grade C) £18,426 - £19,407 Full Time Equivalent
LSA Level 1 (Grade B) £18,065 - £18,371 Full Time Equivalent
We would like to appoint an enthusiastic and self-motivated Learning Support Assistant to join our Early Years team.
Our Learning Support Assistants work in close partnership with class teachers to deliver lessons that support all children. It is anticipated that in this role the successful candidate will provide 1 to 1 support and group work for children in our Early Years classes.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes;
- A relevant qualification (and a minimum of 3 year relevant experience of working with children would be preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of supporting children in Early Years, and/or KS1
- Good organisational ability
- Ability to encourage and motivate children to do their very best
- A calm, flexible and positive approach
- Able to work as a member of a team using their initiative.
- An understanding of confidentiality and safeguarding procedures.
In return we can offer;
- Regular support and training
- Happy and positive learners, who want to achieve their best
- Supportive, proactive and friendly staff
- A “Good” school recognised by Ofsted April 2019
The working hours are 8.45am – 3.00pm Monday to Friday. The post is offered on a Fixed Term contract, term time only. There will be the possibility of extending the contract depending on the needs of the school.
For further information about our school please look at our web-site www.chalkridgepri.hants.sch.uk
Shortlisted applicants will be offered a tour of the school on the day of their interview however visits at the application stage are welcomed. Please telephone Nicola Brooks on 01256 461733 if you wish to make an appointment to visit the school.
For an application pack, please contact Nicola Brooks by telephone 01256 461733 or email: email@example.com Completed applications should be returned to Nicola Brooks at Chalk Ridge Primary School, Sullivan Road, Brighton Hill, Basingstoke RG22 4ER by 12 Noon on Friday 24th January 2020.
Interview date: Friday 31st January 2020.
Chalk Ridge Primary School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.